Monday, December 20, 2010

Stranger Danger

So I like to think that I am a pretty decent mother who knows her child fairly well... I know Porter is not the biggest fan of people, any people. So I anticipated he was not going to be a fan of a big jolly man in a red suit with only his eyes showing. So I began prepping him for Santa before Thanksgiving.

We read books about Santa, we watched movies about Santa, we looked at pictures of Santa, we sang songs about Santa; long story short, Santa has been a BIG part of our lives for the last month. And what do I get for my hard work?




On the positive side when he saw him he yelled "SANTA!" so I know he recognized him...

4 comments:

BECKY said...

llllllllllllllllllllove it!!!!

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

Ha ha! Even the best laid plans, eh? It makes for a great story though. :)

Stephanie K said...

Maggi, this is hilarious!!! :) Oh Porter. I sure miss you guys!! When are you coming back to visit??

A Wink and a Smile said...

So this guy at my husband's work gave his son the "stranger danger" talk, and later they were at the grocery store and the dad got into a conversation with someone they didn't know, and the kid says in a loud voice, "We shouldn't let him touch our penises, huh dad!"