Monday, May 17, 2010

What to post about...

A lot has been happening so I have of course posted about nothing cause I couldn't decided what to post about. Backwards right? So I decided I would post about everything in a MEGA post. (insert applause here)

My first Mother's Day was wonderful because it didn't start till 10am HURRAY! I came down to a super happy baby, presents, and flowers. If only ever day could start like that...

Sorry for the face that doesn't express my joy. I wasn't that happy to see the camera, even amidst the presents.




Porter was adorable for church that day and he had his "big boy" shoe debut. It didn't last long because he doesn't appreciate shoes or socks but he looked great for the picture. 

Phillip also had a reason to celebrate that day as his birthday fell on Mother's Day this year. He turned 26 and when asked what kind of cake he wanted he requested yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. A classic, that is why I love him.


I only used 1 candle to avoid a fire hazard at the Ferrins, but Will was still right there to help just in case Phillip couldn't handle it.

Happy Birthday Phillip, I couldn't love you more! O and if you are wondering where Porter was for his father's festivities he was climbing the stairs over and over again :( Yep, he has figured out the stairs and is addicted.

I have been working on a bunch of random projects that I will post about later but here is a taste. My beautiful pillows. At least beautiful from afar...

Phillip has been working on the Boston Temple grounds and loving it. He loves learning a new skill and has had the best teacher Paul who is a genius when it comes to landscaping. But he was offered a job with Genzyme a large biotechnology company and he starts next week. So no more playing/working outside it is back to the indoors with a desk and a 401K.
This was taken on our last trip to the temple and I took this particular picture for Quin, my 7 year old nephew, who helped plant the bulbs that are now the beautiful flowers you see. Well done Tin-Man!

That is a few of the highlights and I will try and share more soon. Porter and I have begun our final countdown towards our Utah trip to visit and stay with kiddies while my sister goes to Paris. Just 2 more weeks...

6 comments:

BECKY said...

Super happy post. Loved it. :) Great job on the pillows, so fun to see a picture of Will, hooray for an AWESOME Mother's Day bouquet and FREAKING cute Sunday outfit, and keep on keeping on until you make it out to see your Jack and Max (and all the rest too!). Love ya!

Greg and Sarah said...

I'm so excited to see you!!! You better call me when you get here! Looks like you have had a fun time since you've been gone! Congrats to Phil for the job! (Or not-who wants to work when they could play with Porter all day!?)

Stephanie K said...

Love, love, love the pillows! And to think that you said you'd never be crafty. Ha ha. Is Phil coming with you to Utah? I'm sure Murph would love to see him. Either way, we'd love to see you and Porter! Congrats to Phil on the big 2-6 and the great job. :D

Amber said...

I love the overall update! I agree, the pillows are so cute...what did you do the lettering out of? And congrats to Phil on the job! That's great!

The Carters said...

Those pillows are darling...sometimes I just hate your craftiness. :) Be prepared to teach me how to do them when you come!

WX Ences said...

Loved the update! One week left! Yee haw! I'll call soon so we can catch up...